Klementinum Hall of Prague is located in the down town, next to the Old Town square. It is the second big architectural complex after the Orague Castle. It is currently in use as the National Library of the Czech Republic. In 2005 the Czech National Library received the UNESCO (Memory of the World).
Its history dates from the existence of a chapel dedicated to Saint Clement in the 11th century. A Dominican monastery was founded in the medieval period, which was transformed in 1556 to a Jesuit college. In 1622 the Jesuits transferred the library of Charles University to the Klementinum, and the college was merged with the University in 1654. The Jesuits remained until 1773, when the Klementinum was established as an observatory, library, and university by the Empress Maria Theresa of Austria.
|Ceremony type:||Civil, Symbolic, Vow renewals, Religious.|
|Capacity:||upto 200 people|
|Days of the ceremony:||it is opened all days, please refer to us regarding the date of the Ceremony.|